Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get your photographs on here?
There are two ways photos get published here.
(1)The hard way: The editors find something they like and it gets published (with the photographers permission of course). This is hard because the odds that an editor will find you among that tens-of-thousands of photographers are slim.
(2) The easy way: Reader submissions. If you think you have an awesome photograph, you probably do so please submit it. The editors need all the help they can get finding awesome photographs!
How does one submit a photograph?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “photography.wordpress.com submission” and include 4 things in the body of the email:
- The title of your photograph
- An attached .jpg image that is 450×300 (landcape oriented) or 300×450 (portait oriented) pixels in size, and only the image – no frames or borders around it. If you would like a small unabtrusive watermark or copyright information on the photograph image, that is fine.
- Next write a small paragraph or two describing the photograph. Be sure to include a hyperlink back to your site so people can see your other work. Also, brag a little on yourself. You produced an awesome photo so you deserve it!
- Please tell us how you found out about awesome photographs?
It is that simple to submit. Submit one today!
What should I put in my paragraph?
Amazingly enough, many photographers don’t know what to write about their photo. It is simple. Write about the photo. Look at the other photos and see what has been written about them to give you some ideas. Here are some things to think about if you still need help. Why did you take that photo? Why did you like the photo enough to submit it? What were your camera settings? Are there any tips you can provide other photographers? What is the mood of the photograph? What is the composition of the photograph? What could you have done differently? Why is it in color or black and white? The sky is the limit on what you can write about your photograph.
A title? What should I call my photograph?
Usually the 1st thing that comes to your mind is the best. But if you don’t want to give your photo a name, the editors will provide one (but we bet it will be worse than a name you can come up with).
Why submit a photograph?
- Altruism: To share your photographic art with others
- Prestige: One of your photographs is considered AWESOME!
- Marketing: Have another site pointing to your site (it will help with your search engine rankings) and your marketing efforts.
- Publicity: Use this in your marketing efforts that one of your photographs is considered awesome!
How often can I submit a photograph?
As often as you like! Please only submit one photograph with each email.
Does it have to be a wedding photograph?
No — it can be any awesome photograph. However the editors are wedding photographers so they naturally gravitate to looking for those types of photographs. Because of this, we encourage submissions of all types of photographs!
I am shy and afraid of rejection — should I submit anyway?
Yes! No one will know you submitted other than the editors. What do you have to lose other than the 5 minutes it takes you to submit a photo?
Can I link to your site from my site?
Yes! Please do as we really want to spread the word about this site and we thank you for doing it.
How long will it take till I here something back after submitting?
Expect to hear something back from us within a month or two. The longer it takes to hear something back from us is normally a good sign… so please be patient. If we have not responded in a couple of months — send us another email.
How long will it take before my picture is published?
That is a hard question to answer as it really depends on how many are being submitted at any given time. Currently, you can expect your photos to be published within a month or two after submission. Submitted photos usually go to the head of the queue over editor selected photos. Also, first time submitters have preference as well.
Should I mention that I have an awesome photograph in my blog?
Absolutely!!! We had a photographer submit an awesome photograph from an e-session and blogged about it. She also informed her client that one of their e-session photos was published on Awesome Photographs. That made their client’s day! So share the love.